The A1 Experience
CRAFTING BEAUTIFUL SPACES
How We Do It
Are you thinking about starting a new project? Our experienced design experts are ready to guide you along your journey. We strive to provide you with all the details necessary to help you find the perfect stone that is uniquely yours.
What to Expect
- Consultations typically last 1-2 hours (we are available as long as you need!)
- Discuss your project goals, timeline, and budget
- See and feel stone slabs in one of Florida’s largest slab yards
- Get expert advice on different stone types, colors, edge profiles, and more
- Learn about the pros and cons of different types of countertop material
- Answer all of your questions about the process, selection, cost, and anything else on your mind
- We price by the job and give you the best price upfront with no hidden fees whatsoever
- Ability to meet with our technicians and see the fabrication facility
- We can hold or reserve any slabs you like for 14 days
Useful Information to Have for Your Visit
- Bring any design element samples for items such as cabinets, flooring, and backsplashes to help us
- Any sketches or renderings (don’t worry if you don’t have these)
- With our large selection of slabs, you may end up visiting our slab yard more than once to make your final selection
- Appointments are recommended
- See our detailed visit preparation guide
Countertop templating is the process of getting exact laser measurements which can then be passed on to the fabricator.
What To Expect
- The templating process typically takes 30 to 90 mins and is completed in one visit
- The technician will set up the computer, laser, tripod, and leveling tool
- Details such as cut outs for sinks, backsplashes, overhangs, and specialty cuts will be factored into the measurements
- The technician will use the laser to scan the walls and cabinetry
- The scans will then be sent to the fabrication team
Our technicians will inspect, layout, cut, edge, polish, and finish your slab in our state-of-the-art fabrication facility using the latest CNC (Computer Numerical Control) technology. This part of the process requires a balance between experience and artistry. All of A1 Stone World’s fabricators are certified and have multiple decades of experience.
What To Expect
- The fabricator will thoroughly inspect the stone (each stone piece is unique and will often contain characteristics and marks that make it unique and beautiful)
- Stone is laid out and previously created templates are arranged on the stone to ensure the overall flow of the countertop pattern shows its natural beauty with the desired layout
- The stone is then cut using a water jet or bridge saw
- After cutting is done, the cutouts for your sinks, faucets, and cooktop are made
- Stone is strengthened using a specialized process to account for any thin rails of granite
- In the final steps, the stone is polished and sealed
- All stones go through a rigorous quality control process to ensure a stunning end result
Installation is an exciting step! Our thoroughly qualified installers will come to your home and install your countertops with quality craftsmanship.
What To Expect
- A typical installation will range from 2-5 hours, but can vary based on the project size and material
We stand behind our work. Your full satisfaction is of utmost importance. If anything is not right, we will immediately fix it. We truly value your business and our number one goal is to exceed your expectations!