Kitchen countertops are important design features not only in interior spaces. Outdoor kitchen countertops and bar countertops can also upgrade the look of your backyard while creating a durable surface for your outdoor cooking activities. Thus, you need to choose a material that can withstand climate changes and matches your outdoor space at the same time. But how can you ensure that you are choosing the right one?
As one of the best outdoor kitchen countertop fabricators and installers serving Jacksonville and surrounding areas, A1 Stone World’s experts can help you find the perfect natural stone countertop for your needs. Our years of experience coupled with state-of-the-art technology can guarantee that you’ll have beautiful countertops that can last for years. Reach out to us for more details!
Benefits of a Natural Stone Outdoor Kitchen Countertop
A1 Stone World Offers Affordable Outdoor Kitchen Countertop Fabrication and Installation Services in Northeast Florida
With our more than 15 years of fabricating and installing various natural stone and engineered quartz remodeling projects, we are confident that we can meet your expectations. We offer granite, quartzite, soapstone, and dolomite for the best outdoor kitchen countertops and outdoor bar countertops with guaranteed durability. However, we also offer marble and quartz that are better suited for indoor applications as well as stone remnants if you have smaller remodeling projects.
Our luxurious countertops come in a plethora of stunning colors, styles, and patterns so you can create the perfect design combination for your project. We also offer various sinks and edge profiles to match your design theme. Our team is composed of the best designers, technicians, and customer service staff who can guide you through every step of your countertop installation. Contact us now!
Check Out Other Projects We Cater To
Achieve a coherent design in your home with our other products below:
- Fire Pits
- Indoor Kitchen Countertops
- Bar Countertops
- Fireplace Surrounds
- Bathroom Vanity Tops, Surrounds, & Walls
- Tops, Desks, & Shelves
5 Important Considerations to Get First-Class Outdoor Kitchen Countertops
Give your backyard a glamorous overhaul by choosing the finest outdoor kitchen countertops that can stand up to harsh weather conditions outside while giving you the allure you have dreamed of. Here are the major things you should consider:
How you will be using your countertop will influence the type of material that is best suited for your needs. Here are some questions you can ask yourself to better understand how you will use your countertop:
- What type of appliances will you use?
- Will you be placing many hot pots and pans on your countertop?
- Will your countertop be for food preparation only or a buffet setup?
- Will you be using your kitchen often for outdoor entertainment activities?
- What types of food will you be cooking? Do you tend to make a lot of spills and messes?
Your chosen countertop should be able to handle all of your daily activities.
Where you live will also affect the resiliency of your countertop to temperature changes, structurally or visually. Not all materials can handle both hot and freezing conditions. There are countertops, like tile, that are highly sensitive to humidity, freezing, and thawing cycles and have the tendency to crack.
On the other hand, exposure to sunlight and extreme heat can cause discoloration, fading, and warping in some materials like quartz and laminate.
The placement of your outdoor kitchen matters because some materials, like stainless steel, can absorb heat and can become extremely hot when exposed to direct sunlight for a long time. This can be dangerous when cooking and can scorch you, especially if you won’t be covering your outdoor kitchen. So, make sure to position your countertop on shaded structures for safety.
If you don’t want to deal with laborious maintenance, consider long-term upkeep. Granite, soapstone, and quartzite are easier to maintain compared to other materials that are highly susceptible to absorbing filth and staining like concrete and tile due to the grout. Take note, though, that easy-to-maintain materials are convenient but also tend to be more expensive.
5. Food Safety
More porous materials will be susceptible to bacteria and will need special care to keep them hygienic. Stainless steel and soapstone are nonporous and are less prone to bacterial growth. However, granite, quartzite, and concrete can also offer excellent resistance to germs when protected with the right sealer to prevent bacteria from seeping into your countertop.
5 Best Materials for Outdoor Kitchen Countertops
- Steve Chepurny, a landscape architect of Beechwood Landscape Architecture, recommends choosing styles with less veining for better UV resistance.
- Choose light colors to prevent your countertop from getting too hot under direct sunlight.
- Use cutting boards for cutting and trivets to avoid damaging your outdoor quartzite countertop.
- We recommend hiring a professional for concrete countertops because they are prone to cracking when not properly reinforced.
- Concrete is a more porous and softer material so make sure to seal it properly to prevent staining and scratching.
5. Stainless Steel
- Don’t use stainless steel in humid and moisture-prone areas as it will rust over time.
- Cover your outdoor kitchen when using stainless steel as your countertop will become unusable once it becomes searing hot due to direct sunlight.
- Stainless steel is vulnerable to scratches so handle your utensils with care.
Expert Tips: Materials to Avoid for Outdoor Countertops
5. Stainless Steel
Work With an Experienced Custom Outdoor Countertop Fabricator and Installer for Your Remodeling Project
Outdoor kitchen countertops are crucial investments that require professional installation to guarantee that your countertop will last for a long time given the harsh conditions outside. Thus, choosing the right materials isn’t the only factor that affects the success of your project.
Finding a reliable fabricator and installer that can provide you with top-notch workmanship is also important. This is where A1 Stone World comes in. Our extensive experience in countertop installation guarantees that we can exceed your expectations. Hire us now!
Some of the areas we serve are:
Green Cove Springs | Jacksonville | Jacksonville Beach | Ponte Vedra Beach | Saint Johns | St. Augustine